cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a wifi pod

Bandit7080
Tuning in

Same story as a lot of people…

I am a volt customer on 500Gb broadband and have dead spots in my home.. in some rooms I can barely even connect to the router let alone maintain a decent speed…

my ring video doorbell at the front door often can’t do its job as it loses connection to the hub

i think I have a clear case here for needing pods, but as every other person seems to have found, ordering one seems impossible.

therefore adding this post here in the dim hope that a mod will pick it up and get in touch about getting a pod to me…

here’s hoping 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this whilst waiting...

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - if you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

CraigyJ
Joining in

Same! You can add me to that list of lots of people.

It’s made out to be so simple using the VM Connect app, why isn’t it? My bedroom is a bit of a dead spot - lowest I’ve had is 3mbps and often disappears altogether and my phone will connect to 4G.

Hi CraigyJ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 😊

Sorry to hear you're having some connectivity issues, so I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Erm, how about me? I opened the post - can you reply to me please??

Hey Bandit7080, thank you for reaching out and I can see my colleague has sent you a PM.

Can you see this at all?

Please reply and we will get this pod ordered you in the PM.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt, 

no I can’t see any PM in my inbox, can you please resend so I can get a pod ordered?

Hi Bandit7080,

Apologies you haven't received an invite into a Private Chat, this has now been sent, please look out for a white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.