cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to keep restarting Hub3

Johnnyboy123
Tuning in

I've only been using Virgin for about 3 weeks now, after a week I had to restart the hub when speeds dropped to about 2Mbps, but I've now had to restart it 3 days running.

Is this sort of thing a common teething issue, or is there a genuine problem already?

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Johnnyboy123 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having service issues. I have checked the systems at our side and can see that there is an area issue affecting you at this time. 

You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The current estimated fix time is 9th May 2023 9am. I can assure you, our engineers are working to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

Speeds are still variable and not as good as they were originally, can you give me an update on the area issue that you mentioned please.

Client62
Legend

Try the automated fault reporting number 0800 561 0061 this can be the best source of local info.

Hi @Johnnyboy123 

Thanks for coming back to us.

The area issue has been resolved 🙂

No issues are showing when we've ran a system check, I do hope this means everything is sorted, however, do pop back if you ever need anything.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Johnnyboy123
Tuning in

After a couple of days of OK speeds, they've dropped right down again; can you check that the issue has really been resolved please?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post your power levels and network log.  Also, and most importantly, get a BQM setup  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Johnnyboy123, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear that 😔 

Have you tried checking your service status? You can do so by clicking here

Also, are you testing your speed on WiFi or via ethernet cable? General advice on how to fix slow internet speeds can be found here.

If you could follow the advice provided by @Adduxi too, that'd be much appreciated.

Regards,
Daniel