cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation - further info?

srt761
Joining in

Hi,

Just wanting to see if someone from VM can help provide further info please, as attempts elsewhere have been unsuccessful.

We moved into our new house and had an engineer installation date for 24-06. This was postponed to 07-07, and upon logging into my account today I can no longer see the appointment date. I rang up to be told it would not be going ahead on this date due to further works required - I received no notification of this and had to find out for myself.

Sadly it seems this is quite common, but I've not been able to get any indication of timeline, or any new appointment slot given. Can anyone from VM here please advise further - account REMOVED?

To top it off, I had a door knock from someone this week trying to sell me VM... 🙂 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you already have a VM cable/connection at your new home or do you need a VM cable installing?

You are unlikely to receive any better quality/more reliable info on here, unfortunately, as you will see when you browse through the many similar topics on this subject.

Make sure you keep detailed records as you go along of all VM's promises/failures as this will be useful when you come to claim compensation.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-...

If you can it is important to capture a record of the 'date initially confirmed in writing' when VM said your services would be activated (para 9 from the above).