cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dead in Cambridge CB1 [Outage - F011065480]

Stray47
Tuning in

As of 21:30. Service status showing no issues. Cant raise any support on this. Anyone else?

[MOD EDIT: multiple threads merged. Outage - F011065480]

24 REPLIES 24

No service in CB24 and no way of contacting Virgin Media about issues. Network seems to be down across Cambridgeshire and most, if not all, of Eastern England and yet nothing is 'wrong' per the My Virgin Media app. Something is wrong with this picture. Why are we paying so much money for a poorly run company that cannot inform it's customers of issues. I will NOT be renewing my contract with Virgin!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Local outages are often reported on the automated 0800 5610061 status line.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

There was indeed a whopper of an outage around 9-10pm last night.

Screenshot_20231112-071120.png

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

@LirsChild wrote:

No service in CB24 and no way of contacting Virgin Media about issues. Network seems to be down across Cambridgeshire and most, if not all, of Eastern England and yet nothing is 'wrong' per the My Virgin Media app. Something is wrong with this picture. Why are we paying so much money for a poorly run company that cannot inform it's customers of issues. I will NOT be renewing my contract with Virgin!!

• It was a power outage, so out of VM's control.
  • Compensation is only given following 48 hours of a full outage (It's in the T&Cs of your contract).
  • Don't expect a residential broadband/TV provider to have a SLA, or 100% up time for that matter.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also when outages occur OOH, extensive communication to CS teams beyond the official status pages & automated lines - can often take second place to actually dealing with the fault.

You will struggle to find a broadband provider which has customer-facing engineering staff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks