cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on installation delays

v6coop
Joining in

VM have recently run fibre broadband into the village which I am deligted about. I therfore registered my interest and gave contact details so I could get it installed asap. I had a call from a local sales rep on 26th Feb and pre install and install dates were set up. When the pre-install team arraived they said the distribution box needed pushing up the nearest pole so they couldn't do anything. I then had another call from CS, explained the problem and another date was set up and in the meantime a guy from VM came to look and confirmed the kit needed pushing up the pole and then they could run the cable, as for the current BT phoneline, to a pole outside my house and then to the house. A week or so later another team turn up to do this but the kit still hadn't been pushed up the pole so off they went again. Meantime I get a call from the installations team saying my house isn't serviceable (which I have been told by VM (not a contractor) it is), however, I recognise that without the distribution box being pushed up the pole the connection cannot be made. A couple of weeks ago now the kit was eventually pushed up the pole. Great, I thought now we can get the installation sorted. But no, the web postcode/adress checker and the CS team are telling me there is no service to the property currently, but it is coming soon. I expected there to be a few days delay before the systems were updated, but not this long. I am now out of contract with Sky and would like to get this sorted quickly. It is the first time I have had to chase someone to sell me a service but I have run out of ideas now. Can anyone offer advice about how to get this progressed please? I can't tell you how many hours I have wasted on the phone trying to get this sorted.

4 REPLIES 4

DidcotJM92
Tuning in

They will say literally anything to get you off the phone. My best guess is it's an automated system churning out 'computer says no' answers that no human you'll ever get hold of can do anything about. 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey v6coop, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

If you have been advised by our pre install team that the house is not serviceable this means it will not be sorry.

In the near future this may change but for now this will be the case.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for the reply Matt, but it is sericeable now that everything is ready on the pole. I would have been connected weeks ago if the communication between VM and your various contractors had been 'joined up'. A massive effort to get me on line when the village went live. Now the rush is over nobody can be bothered, your contractors are no doubt elsewhere now and it is too much hassle for them to come back and connect me up. Pretty shocking service really.

Thanks for coming back to us @v6coop.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll see if this can be re-assessed to see if your address can now be deemed serviceable for you

Thanks,

David_Bn