cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows PC Connected to Network but no Internet

ixix
Tuning in

I recently upgraded to a Superhub 5. All devices in the house can connect to it and access the internet, but my Windows 11 PC cant. The Windows 11 PC connects to the router, and has been using internet with no issues - but this morning when I turned my mahcine on, I could connect to the wifi network, but no internet.

I've tried the following:
1. Rebooted the Router
2. Rebooted the PC
3. Checked PC for latest Wifi Card Drivers
4. Confirmed that other devices in the house can connect to router and use the internet (they can)
5. Connected the PC to another Wifi Network to verify the wifi card works (it does)
6. Flushed the DNS Cache on my Windows 11 machine
7. Logged into the virgin media hub and confirmed the device is online - all looks fine
8. Confirmed I have a good wifi signal between the hub and the Windows PC
9. If i use a wired ethernet connection between hub and PC, then I get internet - but I need wifi
10. Used the windows network troubleshooter & reset the network adapter on the machine

Help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ixix
Tuning in

To anyone viewing this thread in-future with a similar issue:

I don't like it when issues magically solve themselves, but I think what might have fixed this issue for me was actually pinging the router (as suggested by one of the kind contributors to this post)

Open command prompt (windows key then type cmd) and ping the router.
just type ping 192.168.0.1 

I dont know enough about networking to explain why this worked for me - but that seemed to weirdly fix the problem.  Good luck!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

Did you check in the HUB settings to see if the MAC address has become filtered for some reason?

asim18
Fibre optic

Make sure your Windows 11 PC is connected to WiFi, then open a Command Prompt and enter the following commands:

ping 192.168.0.1

then try

ping 8.8.8.8

then try

ping google.com

Let us know the results of the pings.

Hello, thanks for your reply. MAC filtering is always on, but there is nothing in the list. (it looks identical to your screenshot).

Hi Thanks for your reply. 

For no reason i can tell, my pc is now able to access the internet again. I read online that this could be a DNS issue.

before my issue mysteriously went away - I was able to ping the router, but not google.com (request timed out)

Thanks for updating.

For future reference, if you're able to ping 8.8.8.8 but unable to ping google.com, it means your internet connection is fine but the DNS server is broke.

I have no idea what kind of DNS server infrastructure VM has, but I imagine it to be a very old and poorly maintained system. If you have problems again I'd try switching to a proper DNS service.

ixix
Tuning in

To anyone viewing this thread in-future with a similar issue:

I don't like it when issues magically solve themselves, but I think what might have fixed this issue for me was actually pinging the router (as suggested by one of the kind contributors to this post)

Open command prompt (windows key then type cmd) and ping the router.
just type ping 192.168.0.1 

I dont know enough about networking to explain why this worked for me - but that seemed to weirdly fix the problem.  Good luck!