cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connection problems

stephsteff88
Tuning in

Hello, I’ve tried calling customer services repeatedly about the ongoing issues I have been having with my wifi and I feel like I keep getting fobbed off or gaslit as apparently they can see nothing wrong, so I’m posting on here in hope that someone might be able to help…

for the last couple of months we have been having intermittent wifi connection problems. With our TV / PlayStation / phones / work laptops. We run scans and it says the speed is good, but we can’t work out why we can’t watch an episode on Netflix sometimes without it stopping to buffer every few minutes.

we have the M350 package so I wouldn’t expect these kind of buffering issues?

we have to repeatedly reboot the hub to get things working again and to be honest it’s become really tiresome having to do this every other day.

I’ve been given 3 wifi pods and I’m convinced it’s the hub that has something wrong with it but I’m not getting much help with customer services.

WiFi hub is on a shelf not near other electrical things and approx 1m away from our tv.

any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the TV is only 1m away from the Hub... connect it on a Cat6a ethernet cable and connection should be rock steady !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Random Wi-Fi glitches on VM kit are usually caused by having Smart Wi-Fi and Auto Channels enabled Each time the Hub changes channels there is a stop / restart of the WI-Fi service and the TV streaming or Game play halts.

I would but it’s in a media wall on the fireplace so no way to have cables through the chimney 😭

Sorry if I am being dense, what what is the solution please? Appreciate your help

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi stephsteff88 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your Broadband and WiFi service. I've taken a look at things on our end and can see that you've spoken with our team, and they have booked a Technician.

If the Technician needs to replace your Hub, they will do this on the day. Please do let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ