Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Need new router

Hi I'm having a new problem. Not had Internet for 24hrs I think my router is broken, I've reset it several times and still nothing I get solid white light but when I search for available WiFi the router doesn't even show up. I phoned virgin yesterday...

Full service outage again!

I feel like I’m receiving full service outage more and more these days. yesterday everything was offline, then came back up around 5/6pm same day. now today, been full service outage again since 12pm.. still no fix… its more and more frequent… why?! ...

Resolved! Hub 3 modem mode log errors and connectivity issues

I have experienced stability issues recently with my combo of a VM hub 3 in modem mode and an Archer AX6000 router, which has been great, but is now dropping the internet connection occasionally for some reason.I see the following in the Hub 3 log ar...

mutineer by Dialled in
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant outages

For the last couple of weeks I’ve been getting constant outages initially one or twice a day but this week 4 or 5 times a day Hub 3.0 is in modem mode and the network log has been showing t3 no ranging  responses. Today though I’ve had my first t4 ‘n...

Walmo21 by Joining in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! MEROSS MSS310 smart plug

Ive had this and some TAPO ones work fine until my new HUB 5 was installed….now no joy ..ive tried this  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Connecting-wifi-plugs/td-p/4114843 ..but nothing has changed….any help would be welcomed...

KRICH by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Upload speeds are slow

Good MorningSince Sunday I have been experiencing a dip in my upload speeds. Download speeds, streaming and browsing are fine. I'm getting multiple T3 errors on channel 5 on my upstream. I use my own router by the way. There is planned work in my are...

Can anyone recommend a router

I see a lot of people saying to buy a new router and connect it to your existing VM one,mine is a hub 5. What Iam asking is it easy enough to do and can anyone recommend one that would work. Had problems today with my router but apart from that usual...