cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect app wifi pause not unpausing

eclare2075
Joining in

Hi I’ve used Virgin connect to restrict wifi access to an Xbox. So paused it! When I unpause it, it’s says ‘something has gone wrong’ contact support but this brought me to this forum!

any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Eclare2075,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see @Client62 has already given some really useful information on how to resolve this, have you managed to follow their instructions? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Disable MAC filtering to re-enable Paused devices

Login to the Hub's menus at http://192.168.0.1

1) Advanced settings >>> Wireless >>> Security

1.1) then set Wireless MAC Filtering to Disabled

1.2) "Apply changes"

2) Advanced settings >>> Security >>> MAC Filtering

2.1) then delete all entries in the MAC filter list

2.2 Enable Always on

2.3) "Apply changes"

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Eclare2075,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see @Client62 has already given some really useful information on how to resolve this, have you managed to follow their instructions? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Crazy solution, is the app going to be fixed ?

Hi @Steviejb777 thanks for your post here, sorry to hear you have issues with the Connect App.

Can you please elaborate on issues you may be experiencing and we can advise further here?

Many thanks

Tom_W

See top of post as an example.  You pause a device, you can't un-pause it.  Must happen every day for lots of users.  Nothing to do with their iOS or Android version, reinstall does not fix it.  It's between the app and the router 

Screenshot_20240201_204218_VM Connect.jpg

 Since joining in December our pause option says this. Very disappointing its still not fixed as this was a big reason for coming over to Virgin, to control kids wifi access times. Please help

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Even primary school kids know how to bypass Wi-Fi pausing using MAC Address Randomisation.

Hi Brock4,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you have been unable to pause devices on our Connect App, which Router do you have?

Regards

Paul.

This isn't helpful and if you work for Virgin I'd call it appalling customer service and borderline negligence