Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Scam Virgin Media calls

Posted on here a few days back about intermittent Internet connection and have just had a call from someone claiming to be virgin saying they need me to open my phone/ipad etc so they can remotely see what's wrong. They hadn't even asked account hold...

Greyn01 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! WiFi Pod not working

I have the connect app and it will not recognise the pod. It just slowly blinks a white light. I have left if sitting next to my hub4 for over 24 hours, as some have suggested, and it has not connected. I have reset my hub4 back to factory settings a...

Error 403

Hi, I have recently stated to get Error 403 on the British Airways website.  It happens when connected using VM Internet connection on PC, phone and tablet.  If I use a VPN I don't get the error.  Does anyone know how to resolve?thanks

ukbish by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email privacy settings problem

Suddenly I’ve a privacy warning issye with our VM Wi-Fi on my iPhone (SE2). When I check the advice is to change from WAP2 to WAP3. We have a no 5 hub router. Why has this suddenly happened? Help!!! 

Maggie72 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Brodband and WiFi problems faulty equipment

Brodband and WiFi connection and speed issues from day one and faulty equipment poor cable connection and router and tv box running hot sent numerous emails and complaints but nothing getting done horrific provider 

Geowelsh by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yet more issues with downstream/upstream.

Hi there.I am back again with yet more issues with my downstream/upstream. Once again we are experiencing huge drops in both download and upload (mostly the latter, I think) with some packet loss mixed in. I am currently running a fresh BQM but it's ...

OBS.PNG Here we go again.PNG BQM1.PNG SerenayaXIV_0-1693939991640.png

PS5 not listed in Connected Devices?

Anyone out there know why my PS5 isn't being shown in the 'connected devices' list? Means I can't pause/unpause it like all the other connected devices (which ARE listed). Very frustrating, as I want to control my kids' gaming hours.

roystur by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos