cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN issues with the new Hub 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded to the Hub 6. I've been using VPN for a long while, and never before complained... until now.

I have two major issues:

1. Internet works only when VPN is disabled (undesired state) or when the VPN connection is set to "UDP" (why? I couldn't find a setting in the router set-up to explain it)
  2. Speeds behind the VPN are vastly diminished, as in 60-70% slower. I know VPN slows down the service, but never before that much. I'm relying on SpeedTest.

I'm already in touch with the company who provides the VPN (paid service) but given the change causing it is from Virgin Media's side, I was hoping to find answers here.
Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

Unfortunately this forum doesn't support users in Ireland... well from a VM perspective!

https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paul, I believe the technology is exactly the same.

Why the exclusion? Is that the decision of the forum moderators? Note that IE does not have an equivalent forum.

@Anonymous wrote:

Paul, I believe the technology is exactly the same.

Why the exclusion? Is that the decision of the forum moderators? Note that IE does not have an equivalent forum.

The HUB 6 is not supplied to anywhere other than IE, so the support team, I assume, is not trained on the hardware.

You can wait several days for a reply on here from VM, however based on past threads they will probably suggest the same thing I have.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's not an exclusion of IE. They are two separate companies,

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous.

Thanks for reaching out, as much as we would like to assist you, we are not trialing the Hub 6's that would be Virgin IE. they will be able to assist you with your needs relating to the Hub 6.

Sabrina