Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Resolved! IP adresss issues

Hi, have Hub 5 , new connection installed in Nov 22. I am now stressed out with the wifi....they have changed my hub, asked me to remove powerline wifi extenders, and now...every 3 weeks , the net drops out...reason-  " could not obtain IP adress.".....

KevinB66 by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi guarantee

My broadband connection is generally v good but have a couple of rooms where it’s v poor or non existent. The connect app recommends a Wi-Fi pod but it appears to be impossible to order one, the app only links to my account which ends up in an endles...

MicS by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Superhub 3.0 blocking sites?

HiI recently got a new Superhub 3.0 router, everything is fine except it appears to I now do not have access to certain sites of the adult variety if you catch my drift , every time I attempt I get an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR message. I’ve browsed this...

Khova91 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How can I talk to someone?

Been going round in circles using the app.Sick of "we can't see any problems reset the hub"  which doesn't help as my connection drops on Ethernet and WiFi every few minutes (sometimes last an hour) . Just need to know who to call to book an appointm...

Iancjc by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi pod

Hi,I’ve ran multiple tests across my house in the Connect app with all tests apart from 1 (right next to the router) coming out as poor. I haven’t been offered a Wi-Fi pod in the app and no information online appears to suggest how to actually get on...

06benste by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Constantly dropping upload

Hi, we've been Virgin Media, customers for years. Our street has had months of problems where the Wi-Fi drops for a minute or so, every 30 minutes or so. It's infuriating because it throws us off calls, ruins gaming, and means we can't watch a film w...

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 14.44.29.png Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 14.44.54.png Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 14.44.48.png Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 14.44.41.png
simonru by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Replace broken ONU PSU

Builder has just broken my Yingjiao plug.  It seems to be called an ONU PSU. The white 3 pin plug with a green light and the coax cable screws into it.  I now have no virgin fibre or tv.  How can I quickly get a new one?thnx

Resolved! WiFi Pod led's

Quite recently my only Wifi Pod has stopped randomlyLighting up bedroom.The LED still flashes on top of Pod, yet No Illumination effect as before.

Donfor40 by Superfast
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos