cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4Ghz / Optimisation

dlangford1991
Just joined

Hello. I have been with VM for around a year and have the Fibre M250 package. I always struggle for WiFi in other rooms (I only live in a small flat).
I have my WiFi split 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz because I have smart home devices that only work with 2.4Ghz.

In the living room where my Hub3 is located, I connect to 5Ghz and get 250Mbps. However, in any other room I have to connect to the 2.4Ghz and then I can less than 15Mbps.

Today, I decided to have a play with settings in the app. I joined the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz bands together as the app suggested for optimisation. To my shock, I can over 150Mbps in every single room, so I’m very happy.

However, none of my smart home stuff now works because the 2.3Ghz band is no longer available to connect the devices to.

Is there a way around this? I don’t partially want to split the bands again as the download speed is very good now.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Sounds like you love the hub which makes no sense.

Get a better router with 1Gb ports that will work better with the hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try one of these. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8881166
Connect the 2.4 GHz units to it and this should solve your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You need to learn to love the hub legacy1 😉

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).