cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable gaming connection

HatMarris
Joining in

Hi

i am having issues recently with my gaming connection. Up until fairly recently it was always strong an reliable 

IT IS A WIRED CONNECTION

I play Gran Turismo 7 online mainly

i have an issue where every time I start a race now my connection bars (1-5 range) drop to 1 while everyone else is the standard 3 or 5. This never used to occur

my download and upload speed seem fine as does my ping when I run an in game connection test . I know that there are things you can check from Virgins end to test the router more than I can though

I had a problem with my router a few months ago and someone from the Virgin community team picked up the thread. Does that happen automatically or do I need to tag someone?

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Run the FULL tests on this site and post the results on a wired connection.  www.samknows.com/realspeed

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub.

Setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks

No known issues in my area according to that number

results of real speed. I made a wired connection to my laptop to test it as I couldn’t launch the website through the PS5

router

download 136Mbps

upload 20.1

Latency 9.33

jitter 0.84

packet loss 0.004

device (desktop)

Download 138

upload 23

latency 10.5

jitter 1.4

packet loss - na

HatMarris
Joining in

My graph looks like this

IMG_0717.png

HatMarris
Joining in

As an update I get the same behaviour while gaming using the WiFi connection rather than a LAN cable

is it possible one of the Virgin forum team could help. My broadband is primarily for gaming so this isn’t ideal

Gareth_L was brilliant in helping me before with an issue

ive tried WiFi, I’ve tried different Ethernet cables

Hi @HatMarris 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your internet service which is affecting your gaming.
I have checked the systems at our side and can see that there is an signalling issue in the area that we have identified and are working to resolve as soon as possible, I would say that this was more than likely the reason for what you're experiencing.

The fix time is estimated for today 15th January 2024 at 18:00. Please reboot all your equipment at this time and let us know if you have any further issues. We'll work to keep you up to date if anything changes at our side. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Many thanks for your response Carly

i will do as you suggested as soon as I am home