cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router content settings

Makembasher
Tuning in

I’m a new Virgin Media customer and my new router is not by default downloading content without me, for example on an email, clicking on “download content”

How do I change this setting so that all content is downloaded by default?

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

The email program / app downloads the content ( images ) , having changed to a new network that my need to be re-enabled.

There is nothing in the Hub to control this.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In webmail, select ⚙ > Security > Allow pre-loading of externally linked images.

NB: be aware that enabling this option will reduce your security as unscrupulous individuals / organisation may use it to reveal information about you; i.e. location, date and time content was viewed, etc.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Makembasher 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your router.

Have you been able to try the above advice? This should resolve the issue, please do be sure to keep us updated 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, all sorted now.

for some reason the filter blocking come adult content was switched on I’ve now changed Websafe settings and also installed the Virgin Firewall app and a VPN 

Hi @Makembasher 

Thanks for coming back to the thread and confirming all sorted 🙂

Do pop back if you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill