cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longer coax cable

TGreen10
Joining in

Hello, 

I’ve had Gig1 wifi for some time now and have been meaning to enquire about getting a coax cable extension to have the router moved to a more suitable place in the home. I am unable to make phone calls due to the hours I work, is there a live chat I can use to request an extension cable or do virgin employees respond on here? Any help is appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can get a 3 metre cable sent to you. If that's not long enough you can book a technician to come and make any changes you need for a fixed price of £25.

If you can't make a phone call, wait here for a VM person to pick this up and book either option for you. It may take a couple of days. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @TGreen10 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

We would be happy to arrange for a longer cable for you but as jepg1 has mentioned if this is not long enough for you we can also arrange for an engineer to come and move the Hub for a £25 charge. Let me pop you a private message and we can work out what is best for you. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.