cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need an extension for my router

shanes1976
Joining in

Hi I’ve just had broadband installed, how do I go about getting a longer lead so I can move my router? 

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should ave asked the technician. 

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Yes I know that but I didn’t realise that where I put it the signal would be not so good in the rest of the house so I need to move it

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How far ?  VM do supply pre-made leads of 3 metres - but anything longer will need a Tech visit to make and test a custom made one.  They may charge you £25 if it needs a tech visit.

You could leave it where it is and just run ethernet cable to a wireless access point and connect that up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.