cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - plug in booster

GBVMCom
Joining in

Ive just upgraded to Hub 5 and speeds are very hit and miss around the house. I am waiting for some pods to be delivered but in the meantime I remember a plug in booster being put in by an engineer on a previous visit. Will this slow down my broadband speed? 

IMG_7473.jpeg

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Some of the older VM boosters have proven to be fire risks so I suggest disposing of it. Only use the new pods (if /when you get them) or a separate big brand router from Asus etc. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GBVMCom 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing speed issues. 

The plug you have is to boost your TV signal rather than your WiFi which is what the boosters/pods do. 

I have checked the systems at my side and can see that the pods your ordered online have encountered an error and will need to be put through manually. 
Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

We'd swap out the older boosters for the pods in this order as well. You'll received a pre-paid returns packaging for the older boosters to send back to us. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @GBVMCom 

I have now ordered your pods for you to be swapped with the older boosters you have. This should arrive in the next 3-5 working days. 

You should receive a Yodel tracking number which you'll be able to track your delivery here

The packaging for the pod will also be the returns packing for your older boosters. You can drop your older boosters off at your nearest collect plus point, which you can search for here. Keep a hold of your receipt so you can track your return on the Yodel website. 

The pod is super simple to set up. Firstly, place the pod into a mains socket as close to the router as possible (in the same room). The pod should start to blink whilst it communicates with your router. Leave the pod for around 15minutes and the blinking should have stopped. You can then place the pod into a strong signalled area to boost this signal further into the area that needs a better signal. You can play around with the positioning of the pod to better suit your in home set up. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley