Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Wi-Fi pods

Hello just had broadband installed and the engineers both said it needs pods to reach the office . they said they don’t carry them and to order online please can someone tell me where as when I try on chat no one answers many thanks 

Cowshat by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Connect App - Unable to connect to Hub 4?

So as per my last post on upgrading, I'm wanting to get hold of the boosters. I've read and been told I need to use the Connect App to which I've downloaded, installed and signed in but the darn thing will not connect to my Hub 4.Is it because the Hu...

waiku by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 starting to act up

My elderly Hub 3 is starting to be a bit inconsistent for WiFi.I was sent a hub 5 as part of the test roll out a while back, but was never able to get it to work. Mostly due to support insisting that I shouldn't have one and that they weren't availab...

Fibre optic cable

Can I get my cable from my box on the wall of my house to the connection box on the public path replaced ?. I have lived here for over 25 years and was with Eurobell when the cable was installed pre 2000. Then telewest took over and was then taken ov...

Signal Dropping

HiI’ve been having problems with my Internet dropping out. every so often, my Alexa will stop playing music and sometimes the apps I’m using from work will disconnect. I’m using the router in modem mode, with a TP Link deco mesh Wi-Fi network, provid...

MDA1974 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ethernet working fine but no WiFi

So the title says it all. I did (hard) reset the modem (Hub3), it's in the router mode, all default settings. I can connect via ethernet (as I'm typing this on my laptop), but no WiFI. If I try to connect from the phone or my Macbook, it just won't c...

Connection loss every 2 hours

Is anyone else seeing an issue where they have to reboot the hub every 2 hours almost exactly, as their connection just drops dead? It started on Sunday morning. It has done this before when VM had the national issues in April, and went away after a ...

shaw38 by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Wi-fi calling not working.

Could someone assist with my VoWifi not working?  I'm not even certain if my device will work on the network as the compatibility list isn't available.  If my phone isn't supported do you have a list so I could possibly buy one that will work (The si...

tawke1 by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos