cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 and LG WebOS Issue

Johnstringer
Tuning in

Hi

Recently upgraded to a Hub 5 with two Wifi pods to replace a Hub 3 and Google Nest WiFi setup. I have my LG Smart TV; Hue Bridge; Virgin Media Box and TP Link switch attached to the rear Ethernet ports of the Hub 5.

The LG TV had two MAC addresses one for wired Ethernet and one for wireless.

When I’m using a streaming app on the TV - like Apple TV or Disney - the wired connection will drop out and also the wireless connection. Within 20-30 seconds the connection and streaming will start working again. This happens 6-8 times during a one hour period.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Johnstringer
Tuning in

Quick update. I reset the LG TV settings and turned off IP V6 and so far everything appears to be streaming fine. It’s likely the network settings from the previous set up had been cached. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Unless router mode look at getting your own router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for responding legacy1. Putting the additional cost to one side would that mean not being able to use the virgin pods for wifi? 

and how are the pods working out for you so far?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Really well. Performance has been excellent. Much better than Google Wifi. 

Johnstringer
Tuning in

Quick update. I reset the LG TV settings and turned off IP V6 and so far everything appears to be streaming fine. It’s likely the network settings from the previous set up had been cached. 

I'd suggest having ethernet or Wi-Fi connected rather than both.

Ironically Wi-Fi will probably be faster depending on the distance from the HUB since the ethernet port will only be 10/100 (100Mbps).