cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 upgrade

Alby41
Up to speed

Virgin media have offered me an upgrade to Hub 3 after I clicked on the www.link,, well my S Hub 2ac is well past its sell by date but works everything ... I do not know if I should swop i or not ,...... if its not broke dont fix it syndrome ,,, VM have upped the anti a bit around here...done some recent line works and the service has not crashed and the lines seen good better than ever . I have good wifi signals / phone / telly on V6 box ,, missus happy with it..

I have not ordered the Hub 3 .. just wondering if I should ? just saying ,, any advice.

Alb in Blackbrook , St Helens

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You are absolutely right - if it aint broke dont try to fix it!

The Hub3 is no better than an SH2 at anything - unless you are having connection problems (which you aren't) where the extra down channels might help or - unless you want a speed package above 200 - do you ? If so what for?

In most respects the Hub3 is worse - poor wifi, hamstrung by a Puma6 chipset (as a gamer!) and has buggy/flaky Firmware updates causing all sorts of anomalies.

In your situation don't touch it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

" Status Quo "... will remain here remain here until I need to do something.

Thx John

Don't know why you're being sent a link to uprade to a Hub 3 for as VM as slowly sending out invites to upgrade to the Hub 5.

@annorax wrote:

Don't know why you're being sent a link to uprade to a Hub 3 for as VM as slowly sending out invites to upgrade to the Hub 5.

Classic 'left hand; right hand'

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi @Alby41

Thanks for posting. Have you opted in or applied for Volt benefits, if also a O2 customer? This could explain being sent an email to apply for the hub 3. As you get a speed boost which you'll need a hub 3 for. The hub you currently have is an older piece of equipment so does let us know if you wish to replace it.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi there and thanks for your input ... well actually I was just having a quick butchers / surfin the VM site and clicked on a link on free upgrade router ... in my case to a Hub 3... I queried this with VM who came back to me fairly quickly and said I could upgrade to H3 if I wished ... now when I originally signed up for a smaller V6 box and said farewell and adieu to the TiVo box I was initially promised a H3 router ... this never happened so I was a bit miffed but hey ho the older H2 ac does its stuff ... better than ever .. I have all I want . I am not a gamer and not a previous subsciber to O2 .. VM have done a lot of line work around here I get speeds 200 mbs + ... well if it turns turtle I'll have the upgrade...thx

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Alby41,

No problem 🙂 I am sorry for what has happened in the past with your equipment.

I hope you have no issues with your Hub-2, if you ever decide to go for a Hub-3 please do call us on 0345 454 1111 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide