cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 ip range?

gilbo2
On our wavelength

Do the latest Hub 3’s allow you to change the LAN ip range?

(just signed up to M125 so assume this is what I’ll get)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

nope you need your own router

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

nope you need your own router

---------------------------------------------------------------

gilbo2
On our wavelength

Thank you, I feared as much.

Do any of the VM hubs allow the ip range to be changed?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gilbo2 wrote:

Thank you, I feared as much.

Do any of the VM hubs allow the ip range to be changed?

On the residential service, no. I think the ones supplied for Virgin Business services do.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gilbo2
On our wavelength

@nodrogd wrote:

On the residential service, no. I think the ones supplied for Virgin Business services do.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I will have to get my own router then as previously suggested 😞

I do have an old Netgear WNDR3400 which will do for now but limits my Ethernet connections to 100mb.

Client62
Legend

For about £40 or less a TP-LINK Router is available from Amazon with decent Wi-Fi and all 1Gb/s LAN & Network ports.

gilbo2
On our wavelength

@Client62 wrote:

For about £40 or less a TP-LINK Router is available from Amazon with decent Wi-Fi and all 1Gb/s LAN & Network ports.

I'll take a look at those, thanks. I don't need Wi-Fi as I have BT Whole Home discs, so I'll maybe find something even cheaper, or take the Wi-Fi as a bonus 🙂

Client62
Legend

Make quite sure ( do not assume) the BT Whole Home discs are a full retail product that you can re-configure to work with another ISP.   A Wi-Fi Router is a bonus ... it gives you one more Wi-Fi AP in your home.

gilbo2
On our wavelength

@Client62 wrote:

Make quite sure ( do not assume) the BT Whole Home discs are a full retail product that you can re-configure to work with another ISP.

Good point, they are supposed to work with any ISP but will check first.