cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable LED on Hub 4

AB1918
On our wavelength

Is there any way of disabling the unnecessarily large LED on the Hub 4?

It is just pointless the strip of bright white light being constantly on. All other devices  I own have this facility it does not of course disable warning lights.

19 REPLIES 19

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that, 

The hub 4, http://192.168.0.1 > The password (on the bottom of the hub) > Admin tab > The light ring.

Kind regards 

Zak_M

Hi. Just for the sake clarification, the ring light option is found at the bottom of Advanced settings menu.

screenshot2021-10-28ajujru

There should be an option to turn it off at certain times, my basic router from BT allows me to set this, its pretty basic feature really 

@danbottomburp wrote:

There should be an option to turn it off at certain times, my basic router from BT allows me to set this, its pretty basic feature really 

Why? It’s just a solid white light the provides no other notifications of useful features. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

@danbottomburp wrote:

Completely agree. I have it in my bedroom, so between midnight and 9am if it could be off, then on during the day would make more sense. 

Q: What does the "Auto" setting do in that settings pane? 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jimthing wrote:

Completely agree. I have it in my bedroom, so between midnight and 9am if it could be off, then on during the day would make more sense. 

Q: What does the "Auto" setting do in that settings pane? 

I believe the Auto setting means it's on at full brightness during boot, and then reduces in brightness when running normally i.e the white light.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

"Why? It’s just a solid white light the provides no other notifications of useful features"

The hub is in my bedroom, i don't want the light on all the time particularly at night, you have even answered your own question in regards to it being useless, imagine asking why an intrusive white light on a router should have the option to be turned off

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It can be turned off.

What @gary_dexter was saying is that in normal operation the Hub light doesn't do anything other be on as a white light. So having it on doesn't tell you anything other than it's powered on. 

Pretty sure if there is an issue the error status light overrides the light brightness option anyway.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Noticed my light was off this morning - but I've not seen it off before. I'm sure 10% was the lowest it could ever be.

But I checked the setting today as the light was off and it now offers 0% which it was set too. I'm sure this is recent as I could never get it to go off before.

ozsat_0-1645609988364.png

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

mantaray1213
Tuning in

i made a video if anyone is interested ,,, plus a link to another video on how to login  aswell 🙂 

https://youtu.be/5zZMPi35KnU