cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering

peterts
Tuning in

We get buffering on both catch up (e.g. iPlayer) and red button. I have had the following message codes:- C133, 020000, 01116 and A01. Any idea how to fix this? BTW we recently had a replacement hub (version 5) and a 360 box installed..

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this..

Is it perhaps just a wifi issue.  Is your buffering only evident on wifi connections or do you see it at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you John. It isn't the WiFi. It is the TV which has a cable connection. It TV is a new 360 box and the router is a new Hub 5. I had to reboot both the router and the 360 this morning as the incoming connection dropped out. I spoke with VM today and they have confirmed that the connection has been dropping off regularly. Hopefully they'll spring into action soon! 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes...  Michael_JK has alerted them already

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

peterts
Tuning in

Yes indeed. Apparently just a few settings need adjusting.

Apparently it isn't that simple! The problem is that the new V6 box runs off wifi whereas the old TiVo box runs off a cable. My house has two ring mains so the Hub signal doesn't reach. I'm being sent a pod....

Hey peterts, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can see you've spoke to the team since this, did they manage to get this resolved for you? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt. I am awaiting a pod (should arrive today). Hopefully this will solve the problem. I will revert when I know.