cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Broadband and Telephone connection keeps dropping

Waseemmm89
Tuning in

Hi,

For the past few weeks I have been having Internet and telephone issues. The connection just drops and ok my phone it says connected without Internet. I have done reset pin hole and reboot. Even factory reset nothing seems to helps. Since yesterday it's gotten worse. Before it was dropping but not as much. Yesterday night it was constant it would start working for like 5 mins then would drop again.

I have spoken to VM cust service a few times and gone through steps to rectify it but they kept saying we have sent a 'signal' that should help, but it hasn't. They've been pretty useless, they were going to charge me for engineer visit so I said no and phone a day or so later and they booked engineer without any money so I don't get it they waste so much time chatting crappie, I guess I did phone after 6pm so I was probably though to a call centre out of the country.πŸ™„

I've even had an engender come out and he said it was fine it much be something else causing it and he would take a look but still I am having this issue. There are no issues on the area.

When my Internet goes down so does my telephone line. I can't do without a line as I have phone calls constantly coming some of which are appointments for my elderly parents.

I have added screenshots below. And guess what its disconnected while i was typing this 😑

1000018919.png

1000018918.png

  

1000018917.jpg

 

1000018920.jpg

 

1000018924.jpg

1000018923.jpg

 

1000018922.jpg

 

1000018921.jpg

  

41 REPLIES 41

Hi @Waseemmm89,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that things are all sorted for you now.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Actually I've had 2 disconnections so far today and I will have 1 or 2 good days without disconnections and then it will disconnect at least once. I give up can't wait till contract ends will most likely move to another provider.

Hi Waseemmm89,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've had some connection issues.

I've had a look at things from our side, and can see you've been able to speak to us regarding this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

πŸ˜“

 

I am still having issues.  Nothing is resolved. VM are useless.  I raised a complaint through their website. And they replied I need to restart the router when I have issues, like I haven't done for the past few months. They say contact their technical team, for what? They chat so much crap saying they going to send signals out, they keep assuring me what they have done has fixed the issue... twice they told me they will call me back but they didn't.

Sometimes they tell me there is no record of me speaking to VM, I must have dreamt it up right? Other times they don't have any notes to say if someone was supposed to call me or was supposed to monitor my connection like they said they would. 

This has become beyond a joke now.

Please help someone before I go crazy.. lol

1000032838.jpgAlso they won't compensate me because its not a full loss of service, although one lady said it was because I had no service at all ie broadband and landline. See image of chat it says one issue is resolved they will apply credits as an apology but thye still haven't done for this particular occasion. There is no mention of auto compensation scheme.

1000032840.jpg

 

Client62
Legend

From the earlier screen shots this Hub 5 has not got a clue of its state...

Client62_1-1709377542616.png

They have replaced the router a few weeks ago.  I still have same issue.  I set the old up to broadband quality manager which which I provided screenshots for. That's still set up along with the new one. The old one is online where ever it is but it's stable no disconnections whatsoever. 

Client62
Legend

BQM is a wonderful picture, but it does not tell us where or why the events occur.

I am always interested in reviewing the Upstream / Downstream connection stats
and inspecting the state of the cables and indoor / outdoor connections.

Hm yh, those were only to prove to VM I have a problem at first they were saying everything is fine. There are no outages. It took them a week or so to admit there was a problem. Engineers been out quite a few times so the wiring has been all checked. Router it new. He changed the cables outside my house on the last visit and said if this doesn't help then I don't know. It will need escalating to the next department to check at the exchange onwards but for some reason vm won't escalate this I have asked a few times they keep doing the same crappy checks and telling me to wait for 24 hours so they can monitor saying they will call back after 24 hours. Its been weeks no one gas bothered calling.

So i am out of ideas

Hello Waseemmmm89

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues experienced over recent months and the problems getting these diagnosed and resolved, we appreciate you providing all of the additional information via the forums.

We can see you have spoken to the team since your last post, did they offer assistance or the next steps? Let us know.

Rob