cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 geoblock

randnet
Joining in

I have a smart TV that is connected to my network via WiFi. All the built in apps work except all4. 

All4 used to work but recently it will not play anything. The error message says geoblock. On an Android device connected to the WiFi it just says "forbidden".

If I creat a wireless hotspot on my phone and connect the TV to it, everything works fine. Similarly, using my mobile network on my phone allows me to stream all4. It's only when I use virgin connection that it has an error.

I am not using any VPN and have not changed the default DNS or any other settings.

I am using my virgin router in modem mode and connect my devices using a nest WiFi. I have not changed any of my home network setup for 2 years but this issue has suddenly occured approx 3 months ago.

Oddly, my V6 box is connected to an Ethernet switch which is connected to the nest router and all4 works fine on that, it's only on devices connected via WiFi.

I have rebooted the virgin hub many times, rebooted my whole network and tried using the virgin hub as a wireless router rather than in modem mode but nothing works. Also cleared the cache of the app on the TV and phone and factory reset the TV but no joy.

Any ideas why all4 would think my virgin connection is outside the UK?

34 REPLIES 34

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GuyOxford

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the issue with your app.

Just to clarify, is this only Channel4 which is affected? How about any of the other channels?

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes -just Channel 4.It is working now though after a couple of years of being geo blocked. No apparent reason!

Working for me too.

daylight savings to the rescue???

Thank you for your message. 

It was All4 and also some random phone apps thought that I was in France but all good now, thanks. 

Thanks for coming back to us GuyOxford and I'm glad to hear that the issues have now been resolved for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L