cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Router

Illy01
Joining in

Hi 

I have a red light on my router it's a solid red light I haven't lost connectivity yet but it's worrying that it may drop at anytime and I work from home sometimes 

I have googled the issue and it said was connection so checked the wires all secure 

Did a restart of the router and a pinhole restart same issue just solid red light 

I have a Hub 3 and had it quite a while 

Think it may be on its last legs

Cheers 

Illy

3 REPLIES 3

lotharmat
Community elder

If it's a red light in Router mode as opposed to modem mode - VM need to swap out the hub asap as it is either overheating or thinks it is due to a faulty sensor!

If it were me, I'd call 150 (or 0345 454 1111) and tell them it is hot - they'll book a tech visit sharpish!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Illy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your hub, thank you for going through the checks you have already.

I'll need to arrange a technician to take a closer look at this for you, I'll need to confirm a few details with your first so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message Mark, 

I've arranged a technician for you now, you can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here 😊

Alex_Rm