cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub / TV Connection Issues

RogerH01
Tuning in

New to Virgin and having lots of intermittent issues. Hub 5 setup and have followed advice on these forum and split the 2.4 and 5 band connections out.

Setup working fine, go to bed, next morning have random issues of TV boxes saying hub not connected to internet (it is and other devices are fine) or second box can't connect to main box or even or looks ok but recordings buffer on second box. 

Have to restart devices and eventually works again until the next day 😱🤯.A

Any help appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Buy a 3rd party WiFi Router and use the Hub 5 in modem mode.

The Hub 5 in router mode is not fit for use.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Buy a 3rd party WiFi Router and use the Hub 5 in modem mode.

The Hub 5 in router mode is not fit for use.

I'd prefer the kit I'm paying for from Virgin to actually work though! Have people actually got it sorted, the hub 5 has been out a good while now.

Although any recommendations on what router to go for..?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RogerH01,

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🙂 
I am sorry you are having issues with your service, I have looked at our systems and you are in modem mode, so we cannot run specific tests on this. I can see you have had a tech visit how did this go, was this in relation to this issue?

Thanks,

Zoie

Thanks for the message and offer to help.

Unfortunately I gave up on the hub 5 as a router, just constant issues. Even with the outage yesterday, once things came back up, half my devices couldn't reconnect (even after a factory reset) and I resorted to changing the SSID which then allowed devices to connect 🤯.

Anyhow I've now bought an eero home mesh kit and moved to modem mode, so far so good.