cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Broadband from Package?

GS180
Joining in

Hello,

Brief intro: been with Virgin Media TV and broadband for around six years now. TV package always been fine with all sports / movies etc, but the broadband has never been so unreliable as it has the last two three months. 

Only today, had my fourth engineer visit in two months and within ten mins of getting home, the famous white light pops up on the TV box. As of now (8:55pm) has cut out and come back on intermittently 12x. About right as it’s normally between 20-30x a day. 

Engineers have done everything from installing a new router, to adjusting signal, to apparent streetworks and today changed ‘fuses’ or similar within the metal framework where the box comes into my room. 

Enough’s enough. Considering you can’t speak to anyone UK based anymore and the WhatsApp chat ‘help’ is borderline useless, how can I get rid? Paying for something that might as well be non-existent and is beyond a joke now. I’m happy to keep my TV package but this has gotta go, 14 months left of contract or not. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

11 REPLIES 11

61428B6C-B37C-4824-96F7-E0A12AF3BE58.jpeg

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GS180 👋

Thank you for providing us with that BQM. I completely understand the frustration that these dropouts are causing you, and I'm sorry for the delay in getting this resolved.

I've taken a look on our side, and can see the disconnections on the service, and that the levels are out of specification. We would need to get a Technician out - however, I also appreciate you have had multiple out already with no further resolution, so I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into what else we can do for you.

Please look for the message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ