cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV package downgraded after Upgrading Broadband Speed.

GregMurphy
Joining in

I recently Upgraded my broadband speed using an offer that appeared on my account (50% off).

Someone at virgin has took it upon themselves to downgrade my tv package.  I have the email confirmation that my tv package would remain the same, only broadband speed would be upgraded.  I have contacted customer support and told them to cancel the changes in line with their terms and conditions (14 days cooling off) and revert back to my original package.  Virgin state they cannot revert back to my original package as it no longer exists.  

Anyone experienced this before?

2 REPLIES 2

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

Yes, I have read of similar situations. You absolutely do have the legal right to envoke your 14 day cooling off period and revert to your previous package, regardless of what they say.

I'd file a complaint and then call again saying you've filed a complaint, if they still won't reinstate your previous package ask to leave instead and state that you had a legal right to envoke your cooling off period.

If you still have no joy go to OffCom. 

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @GregMurphy Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the poor experience you have had in relation to the package change that was done incorrectly.. 😢
I will assist you on this and get this sorted out for you.

I will send a private message for further support. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs