cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops somethings gone wrong

BrianRostron
Tuning in

I too am getting the dreaded Oops message. This is when I click on "upgrade package", or look at upgrading broadband speed. Checking this forum and the 'net, it looks like this is a very common issue with Virgin. It actually looks like it may be Virgin company policy. If not, please tell me what the solution is.

Many thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BrianRostron 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear of the issue with the online account, I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

BrianRostron
Tuning in

Two weeks have passed, many PM's to the Virgin team, but my issue with "Oops something's gone wrong" remains.

Has anyone else had this this issue and the same delay prior to resolution?

@BrianRostron wrote:

Two weeks have passed, many PM's to the Virgin team, but my issue with "Oops something's gone wrong" remains.

This is an amazing feature from VM and at no extra cost.

@BrianRostron wrote:

Yes, as per other posts on here, many, many people have experienced the same as you. The truth is that VM’s backend IT system is simply broken, their marketing people push out emails and campaigns offering all sorts of offers, although VM’s back end systems can’t support it. And they know this, because it has been going on for years, yet choose to do nothing about it, presumably because it will cost money to fix!

Do you want a better deal from VM? Are you prepared to take a risk? Cancel, absolutely call VM and cancel, and mean it. Chances are that they will call you back within the 30 day notice period and make you a far better offer. But maybe they won’t and will call your bluff. So do have a backup plan, what alternative suppliers do you have in your area, how much do they cost, what timescales do they offer to install?

Pretty much all alternative suppliers are available where I live. As for timescales, and as an example, Sky Q and broadband installation is available within this month..

So no issues with a fall back plan.

Hi there @BrianRostron 

We are so sorry that this issue is ongoing but I can see that you are in a PM with a member of our team. Please do continue to chat with them and they will do all they can to help.