cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation link???

pb1993
On our wavelength

Signed up to a new Virgin Media package two months ago which includes Netflix.

I was emailed an activation link which worked for a month, then I was emailed a second link which worked for a second month.

Now when I log into Netflix it asks me to update my payment information as my account is on hold.

I phoned Virgin Media and they told me that a lot of people are having this issue currently where their accounts are being wrongly put on hold. She said that I should receive a new activation link within 24h. Two days passed, nothing. I phoned up again and was told a new link would be sent out again. Two days passed, nothing (I also checked my junk folder).

Phoned up yesterday and the lady on the phone put me on hold for twenty two minutes and then hung up. I phoned again this morning (for the fourth time) and he said that there should be an “activate Netflix” link on the main page of My Virgin Media… there isn’t. Then he said that all he can do is email IT asking why I haven’t been sent a link and he couldn’t give me an indication of how long they will take to respond.

I’m not expecting to hear back to be honest. There seems to be a lot of forums on this so I know that I’m not the only one but I’m on the verge of giving up which is ridiculous because I’m currently paying for a service which I’m not getting.

49 REPLIES 49

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @pb1993,

Thanks for confirming this.

Can you please tell me if you have an active account with Netflix directly? As this can cause a problem with getting this active on our side.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

pb1993
On our wavelength

Nope, I don’t have an active Netflix account 

Thanks for coming back to us @pb1993.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @pb1993.

I have now raised this with our IT support team and I will be in touch with you once, we have any further updates from the team on this issue.

Regards,

Steven_L

pb1993
On our wavelength

Still no further respondence after being “raised with IT”.

I’ve also had a ticket raised with IT over the phone 3/4 weeks ago and never heard a thing since. 

Considering that I’m paying £95 a month to Virgin Media, the Customer Service has been absolutely shocking. 

Not sure these IT tickets even exist.

I have not seen any instances of one resolving anybodies issue and nobody seems able or unwilling to prove their existance with a screenshot !

At the moment it seems the fix is being carried out randomly at snails pace...

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pb1993

Thanks for your reply

I can see my colleague raised this to IT on Monday and our team are looking to have this resolved as soon as they can, for any further updates please follow up on the private message 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

If the info I was given yesterday by the Executive Team was correct that you think you have a fix and about 50% have been resolved ! you should now be in a position to give a time frame for the rest of us to be up and running.

This would mean you know how many more there are to fix , what resources have been allocated , what hours they are working etc , this should now be a question that you can answer.

This is the sort of answer we require not just the copy paste replies that tell us nothing that we have literally seen hundreds of time.

pb1993
On our wavelength

Any chance of an update? It’s been another four weeks and I haven’t heard a thing.

Can you confirm the status of my IT ticket? 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pb1993,

Thank you for coming back to us about your IT Ticket. I have escalated the ticket further as the team have not updated the notes on the Ticket for a while. 

We should hopefully have a response soon. Apologies about the delay.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs