cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kier engineer appointments keep being cancelled

missykai
On our wavelength

I'll try to be concise, but it's not my strong point!

• 10/4/23 Virgin engineer due to squirrels having chewed our cable line outside the house (not the first time the squirrels have done this!).
  • Engineer installed a temporary cable, mainly on public land, to restore our services. Requested Kier engineer to install permanent squirrel-proof solution. Expected it would take 1-2 weeks.
  • 13/4/23 Kier engineers show up without an appointment or any notice. Decide not to do installation because I don't have the key for my back gate and it would be too much hassle to keep going from the garden to outside the garden without using the gate. Say they'll return the following afternoon.
  • 14/4/23 Kier engineers no show
  • 17/4/23 Call from Virgin asking if work completed on 15/4/23 (no, and nothing scheduled for that date). Appointment rescheduled for next available slot on 2/5/23. If earlier slot becomes available I will be contacted. Complaint will be filed with Kier by Virgin.
  • 21/4/23 Call from Virgin apologising that work was not completed on 19/4/23 and scheduling follow up appointment. To my knowledge no work was carried out on 19/4. I was home until 4:30pm. Rescheduled appointment offered for 11/5/23. I explain I already have appointment for 2/5/23. Some back and forth of misunderstanding on customer service rep's part and eventually I'm told there is no appointment scheduled for 2/5/23. I say that this is an unacceptable delay and ask to speak with supervisor as I would like to escalate the issue. Informed several times that I would be given the same information by anyone else, which I don't dispute. I merely wish to let someone higher up know of this unacceptable situation in the vain hope they might take action to ensure an appointment is actually scheduled and to maybe improve systems so this doesn't happen in the future (I live in a rose tinted world 😂)
  • So now I'm waiting for a manager to call in the next 24-48 hours. I have no idea if I have any appointments scheduled at all. And the temporary installation may or may not survive until the permanent installation is eventually carried out.

Any tips on how to get an actual appointment with Kier for the installation? Not convinced anyone is communicating with anyone else at this point.

I also need to schedule whatever needs to be done for the landline switchover (I already have the correct hub installed and the Kier engineers who showed up briefly said they could do the install compatible for the landline to operate on fibre, but no longer convinced of anything they said), but don't see the point in even attempting that until this is sorted.

Tiny last thing - my landline now has 10 rings before going to voicemail. Do I really have to phone 150 to get it changed back to 5? I swear the thought of making all these calls is giving me anxiety!

1 REPLY 1

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi missykai,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear of the delays.

So I can take a closer look at what's going on, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm