cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment return issues

archibat
Joining in

Hi - seems to be a few similar posts on this topic - but just looking for some help resolving my specific issue which seems a little different.

I’ve recently cancelled and was left guessing whether I’d be asked to return equipment (I.e. told I may be asked for equipment back - couldn’t confirm at the time, if I was to return I’d receive return packaging in the post, assuming doesn’t get lost in transit somewhere). To start with this wasn’t an ideal situation to be in where have no idea whether being asked to return or not.

So weeks passed, no sign of return packaging so had to presume you weren’t looking for return of equipment. Then received a text out of the blue advising non return of equipment and subsequently a £80 bill for non return charges (2x £40 charges). The 2x charges struck me as odd at the time as wasn’t sure why 2x were being applied. 

Following this arranged for an engineer collection, who turned up and collected the router and confirmed had received everything needed. Was now waiting for confirmation charges had been reversed.

Now had a further message saying not all equipment has been returned. Not sure what else you are looking for, but don’t have anything else to return, so looking to resolve.

Not sure if the ‘missing’ equipment is a router which we would have taken from old property when we moved home (transferring account) approx 3.5 years ago. However this was taken away by the engineer when our install at new address was completed, with us being given a replacement device at the same time. So per above don’t have a device to return as already taken away by VM.

Could someone look at to see how I can get this resolved?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @archibat 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill