cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to Stay - and now Case Handler is AWOL

Jonkb
Joining in

Please help. My issues started back in February when after being unable to agree a new contract I gave notice to leave VM after 10 years (I had full TV, 1 Gig BB and landline with calls). Within days I was contacted by someone very helpful from UK retentions who convinced me to stay, and assured me he would handle the cancelled cancellation. I signed the contract and was delighted, albeit briefly.

After a week of no action (I was expecting TV360 remote controls to arrive and a software update) I called back, to be told they needed to "redo my package"  as the original retentions person had used incorrect offers. Not to worry as they would honour the agreed price and also send out the remotes. These arrived but the software update for the boxes didn't, so after another call they arranged for an engineer visit - who installed new boxes. My account was still not showing the correct price though but after numerous calls/WhatsApp's I was assured that this would be updated - even if via a monthly discount.

This all took a few weeks after which my phone line died, followed shortly by my new TV360 service (the BB kept going). After several more calls/WhatsApp messages etc it was found that my original cancellation was not cancelled and I had been disconnected as per my original request (and my account was still not showing the agreed price). After a few failed, lengthy attempts to rectify this via the international call centre I gave up and asked to be transferred to a UK customer service team. Surprisingly after much debate I was, and my hopes were raised again when a helpful gentleman called Brooklyn assured me he was now my case manager and would not rest until it was all fixed. He made a spirited start, getting my TV back on and my phone line reconnected (with a temporary number) and put in the "works order" to get my old phone number back, after which he would sort out the contract price. He was going to call me with an update on Saturday 30th March - but has not been heard of since. 

I have tried calling back several times after Easter via the international call centres but despite even more attempts to fix matters I am still without my original phone number, and my contract price on My Account is now nearly 4x what it should be. Nobody will transfer me back to Brooklyn (there can't be many agents with that name), or back to the UK service team. Each time the international agent assures me they will sort out the problem but all fail. Today's call told me he would call back and didn't.

Please can someone assist with either getting Brooklyn back on the case, or back in contact with someone who can actually sort out the problem and give me a direct phone number back to them if for some reason they don't. I want to stay a customer but after hours on the phone I'm beginning to think that it's not an option.

4 REPLIES 4

patier
Tuning in

do you actually think theres a brooklyn lol,they just give themselves silly names been promised call backs for weeks from samsom,t yson ete never happens.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jonkb 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues since reverting a cancellation with us. We can understand the frustration and inconvenience caused by this ongoing issue. We can however see you were very recently in contact with our team regarding this issue. Has the issue since been resolved with our team? Do you need any further help with this?

Please get back to us and we will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A. 

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have had regular contact with your team (including today) but they were unable to help and directed me back to the 0345 number. Please help.

In this case, to best look into this, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs