cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out if my account has been cancelled during cooling off period

Stevent88
Joining in

I recently signed up to virgin media but after discovering how much work would be required for the install I changed my mind as allowed within the 14 day cooling off period. Unfortunately this was when I discovered the widespread reports of poor customer service by virgin media! True to form I have been passed from department to department, inexplicably cut off several times and kept on hold. Finally after a lot of convincing somebody has told me that my account has been cancelled, however I have received no correspondence from virgin media confirming this. From what I can tell (from the virgin app) I have no upcoming installation which would suggest that this is no longer scheduled, but my account appears still to be active which makes me worried that I will still be charged for something that I do not and never will have. I’ve also read other stories of people who have been verbally that their account has been cancelled only to discover that this hasn’t been actioned. Can anybody advise on what the next steps are and if or when I would expect to hear anything from virgin about my cancellation? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

I can't imagine how VM gained such a reputation. Can you?

AFAIK the 14 days start on day of go live. The VM forum team should be able to check your account status. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stevent88 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that some extensive works are needed to install our services in your home and the experiences you have had when contacting our teams.

If your account has not been installed, then this would not be active. As mentioned by Cardiffman282, the 14-day cooling off period begins when the contract starts, which is the day your services are activated.

I'm going to send you a private message to provide you with as much information as possible. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and tapping "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ