cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint ignored

Sadash2921
Tuning in

Why is it that I have to open complaints with virgin media and one has according to their own terms and conditions gone over 29 days with not even a acknowledgment of it they have completely failed in following their own code of practice. 
2 open complaints the 2nd logged on the 3 of October after virgin media sent me a email to say my new contract ? What without my consent you start a new contract. Virgin media do not have the decency to even contact the customer they enjoy playing pass the buck, I am horrified that nobody is willing to take ownership of the complaints. I am happy to let this go to an independent ombudsman. Have any of you experienced the same? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Forum staff can investigate for you and possibly sort out the underlying complaint.

In terms of not following their own process, raise a short complaint to Ofcom.  VM's complaint system has been a disaster for a good while now, and the regulator needs to stop messing around and take enforcement action.

And if your two complaints were on the same matter, then as soon as the oldest one reaches 8 weeks since being submitted, you can involve the cavalry.  Note that if you do that, VM have to go hands off and forum staff won't be able to help.  If you think VM can still dig their way out of this hole with you, see what forum staff can offer.  If you've lost all faith, wait the 8 weeks and unleash CISAS.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Forum staff can investigate for you and possibly sort out the underlying complaint.

In terms of not following their own process, raise a short complaint to Ofcom.  VM's complaint system has been a disaster for a good while now, and the regulator needs to stop messing around and take enforcement action.

And if your two complaints were on the same matter, then as soon as the oldest one reaches 8 weeks since being submitted, you can involve the cavalry.  Note that if you do that, VM have to go hands off and forum staff won't be able to help.  If you think VM can still dig their way out of this hole with you, see what forum staff can offer.  If you've lost all faith, wait the 8 weeks and unleash CISAS.

Thank you for getting back to me I am a complaints resolution Manager myself so I am aware of the process but it’s the sheer lack of doing nothing which is annoying, I am a ethnic background but I must say that employing people in other countries is good for the people and creates jobs which I am all for but there is a big gulf as they are not familiar with the way things work in the uk. The poor staff are given basic training and then thrown in the deep end with a script.  

The resolution department is like UFO ! I’d be happy for people on the forum to help what what you need from me. I just do not have the patience anymore so be dealing with such ignorant people who simply just end up wasting my time and spoiling my mood. 

Thanks again Andrew 

HI Sadash2921,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear you've not had the best experience. So I can help with your complaint I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Sadash2921
Tuning in

714176CD-CF7C-48F0-A44A-AD1785B62AC4.jpeg

 This is shocking behaviour from the virgin community which I thought was here to help but today after not agreeing to anything instead speaking to someone and advising to escalate I get a email to say my complaint has been closed and resolved without any resolution offers or without the customer consent just what my complaint was about aI have only ever instructed for the complaint to be escalated nothing else and I have all the transcript to prove this but this is shocking. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please redact personal information from images before posting.

Issue has been flagged to the forum team to see if they can help. If you remain unsatisfied with the resolution then either:

• ask for a deadlock letter if less than 8-weeks have passed since the complaint was raised and then raise with independent adjudicator
  • if more than 8-weeks have passed raise with independent adjudicator; there is no need for a deadlock letter

FYI: How to make a complaint | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sadash2921

Thanks for your post

I can see you're already in a private message with my colleague and they will handle this via here once they're back online. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sadash2921
Tuning in

This is typical a person says they will help takes details and looks into it then says he cannot do much which I have all the transcripts of at that point I instruct escalation as mentioned to him and next I get a email to say the company’s been resolved ? 
typical virgin media just randomly do whatever they wish on a customer account. 
I reached out on the forum and was advised I was being dealt with by Nathan but guess what Nathan has gone missing since he made the error of closing my complaint without my knowledge, This forum is it here to help or just make things worse for customers ?? 

Reply to the email saying that the complaint is resolved, rejecting this "resolution" and asking for a deadlock letter.  When you get the deadlock letter you can then ask the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS to investigate impartially and settle the matter.  If the original complaint is over eight weeks old, then you can go to CISAS without needing the deadlock letter.  CISAS complaints are always a bad outcome for the company, as they get charged by CISAS (always free for you to use), and VM lose or concede the majority of complaints taken to CISAS.  

Bear in mind you have to explain the problem clearly to CISAS, they are not mind readers.  Include all relevant details (including closing a complaint that has not been resolved), any repeated need to call VM, failure to help, long call waits, broken promises (eg call back promises, billing corrections or whatever), or rudeness.

Hi @Sadash2921

I have let Nathan know and they'll be in contact with you to continue your discussion regarding your complaint. My apologies for any delay in resolving your concerns. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley