cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling service when trying to cancel Virgin Media!!!

Sark7193
Joining in

After being loyal to Virgin Media for about 15 years we finally decided it was time to move on.

We initially spoke to a VM representative who when we told him we wanted to cancel our service with them started a barrage of security questions, informed us that the email address we gave them wasn’t connected to our account even tho they had no problem sending the bill to it every month!!! After this initial interrogation he passed us on to another dept as he was unable to cancel for us. Then the worst customer service I have ever experienced began…we informed another VM representative that we wanted to cancel at which point he just started a barrage of why we wanted to cancel, continually talking it was extremely difficult to get a word in we told him to stop offering us deals and to listen to what we wanted… he continued to go on with his questioning to the point where we got so frustrated and our patience was being tested to its limits… he claimed we had to answer his questions about why we were leaving before he would cancel to which we set him straight and yet still he carried on with his questions he just refused to listen to us!!!! After over half an hour of unprofessional service he then started to give false information about the service provider we were moving to and we were disgusted to hear his attitude toward them which was extremely unbecoming. Eventually he said our service would be cancelled and that a pack would be sent out to return Virgins equipment.

When we tried to ask him for confirmation that he was actually cancelling our policy he talked over the top of us and hung up.

Again this is the worst and most unprofessional, unpleasant experience I have ever had with a company who claims to provide good customer service. I would hope that a considerate member of the Virgin Media team would kindly take the time to reply to this post with confirmation that our VM Service has actually been cancelled and the details/dates of when this will be complete!!!

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Sark7193 

You've posted in the mobile account section, but have mentioned that a returns pack would be sent out to return VM's equipment. That suggests you have a broadband service and possibly TV and phone too, so I've moved your post to the manage your account cable section.

It may take a day or two before a member of the forum team pick this up for you. They will be able to check the cancellation status, and also pass feedback regarding the agent(s) you spoke to. They can also raise a complaint on your behalf.

They will need to speak to you via PM so they can validate you as the account holder before proceeding, so they will ask you for information such as your  characters from your memorable word (telephone password) **  account/contact email address, amount of last bill, bank sort code etc so have those details handy

** If you don't know it you should be able to update the memorable word by logging into /my-virgin-media using a browser (the option isn't available if you use the app)

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll all the way down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hiya

Think I’ve just accidentally marked your reply to help me as my Accepted Solution…. Can you tell I’m new to the forum…don’t know how to fix it do I need to repost….🫢

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Sark7193 

That's not a problem and is easily solved. You don't need to repost.

Click on the dropdown menu icon in the top right hand corner of the post you marked, and in the dropdown screen click on Not a helpful answer (screenshot  below) 😁

Not helpful.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sark7193, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am really sorry to hear of the experience you've had here - I can absolutely assure you this isn't the level of service we aim to provide at all. I will pop you over a private message to confirm some details so I can take a look for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.