cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 month contract expires but...

Timmybob
On our wavelength

Started an 18 Month Contract in April 2022 at £51/a month

But my September bill 2023 is £64.08. Not £51.

Having spoken to VM on WhatsApp they said that this is because my contract is coming to an end.

But the thing yes it may be coming to an end, but it's not ended yet, so why have I been charged £64.08.

Please note my phone bill is £0 etc. 

Looking at the contract I cannot find the reason behind the rise.

It seems very sneaky of Virgin Media to do this before a contract ends because if I don't stay with Virgin Media it feels like they taken £12 or my monies if I decide to leave. Trying to get through to Retentions on WhatsApp takes forever.

The bill apparently will go to either £108 or £92 on October 12 and I'm starting to see an interesting link between the figure of £64.08 and those two figures above.

Any support is appreciated thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Timmybob wrote:

What's confusing is that I've seen somewhere that my bill will be: *£52 a month until 12/10/2023 then £108 a month.

Where, specifically?

Your minimum term started on 13/04/22 and expires on 12/10/23. This is only half the issue - what also matters to understand your monthly amounts is when your bill is produced, and the dates it covers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Timmybob,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Where abouts are you seeing these conflicting pieces of information?

To get the true out-of-contract price, you'd just need to look at the amount  you're being charged + the discount amount you're receiving.

Beth

Timmybob
On our wavelength

I will look for the images 

Timmybob
On our wavelength

Screenshot_2023-10-06-18-54-21-938_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-06-18-51-57-192_com.adobe.reader~2.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-06-18-50-56-603_com.adobe.reader~2.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So your monthly bill cycle is 20th-19th, and the time-limited discounts expire on 12th.

So on the bill covering October 13-19th, you will have a partial uplift of a week at full price, give or take. The following months bill will be wholly at full-price.

All unless you negotiate a new package, in which case you'll have pro-rata credits & debits all over.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Timmybob
On our wavelength

Thank you japitts for your help on this matter.

Hi @Timmybob thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry for any confusion around your billing.  I cannot add anything to what the fantastic japitts has advised you in regard to advance billing.  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R