cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DEC phone

davidirv
Joining in

I will be shortly going to VM full fibre and loosing my BT landline and associated number.

I know that a DEC phone can be connected to the VM Hub 5, but what phone number will it use, I am a bit confused.

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi davidirv,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

So essentially if you just have one landline number it would still use the same one.

Do you have any extensions at all?

Let us know,

Kain

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you mean you are moving away from BT and switching over to VM to provide your phone and broadband services?

Or do you mean your VM telephone service/wall socket is being switched over to a connection from the VM hub?

If it is the former you should be able to port your BT number to VM.

If it is the latter then your VM landline number stays the same, it is just the means of connection that changes (telephone wall socket becomes a connection on the back of the VM hub)

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello davidirv.

I think @goslow has hit the nail on the head with the response.

Can you please let us know if you are joining us, or you are an existing customer being switched from the traditional landline to our new fibre landline.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

I am joining VM, a new full fibre installation will be completed in the next two weeks

Thanks for replying davidirv.

Would you be able to let me know if you have any problems getting set up.

Also have you requested for your current telephone number to be ported over to us?

Gareth_L

No request as yet, do you know the monthly charge for VM to support the old number

Hi davidirv.

I can take a look at this for you.

The line charge will be part of a bundle, or do you mean will there be a charge to bring it over. 

If the latter than good news. No charge at all to port your number over.

I will need to send a private message to gain account access and pass security.

If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L