cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem mode and digital voice

Shuffleboard
Joining in

I have a virgin media super hub which I use in modem mode so I can use my own router.  I have been asked to use a telephone adapter with my super hub as part of the switchover to digital voice.  Does anyone know if the adapter will work and allow me to make and receive calls when the hub is in modem mode?

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Shuffleboard, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

You should have a super hub 3 a hub 2 or super hub will not work with the digital voice. 

As long as the hub works with the digital voice hub 3, 4 5  this shouldn't really matter  and should work. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

durn
Tuning in

Sorry for resurrecting this thread...

Does that mean the adapter/phone gets plugged into the virgin hub still, or can it go into any downstream network socket (ie a connected switch etc)?

@shuffleboard - what has your experience been like?

Thanks.

Hello durn.

Thanks for coming back on this thread.

The answer to your question is the adapter would need to be plugged into a hub3, 4 or 5 In one of the 2 Telephone sockets at the top, 

Unless you are still on the old traditional socket in the wall.

Gareth_L

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The telephone sockets on the hub where the phone adapter plus in is an RJ11 socket, network sockets are RJ45 and the are not interchangeable. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2