cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline no incoming calls

pdevonald5000
Tuning in

Got a virgin media hub 5 today - works great with internet, far better - but landline I can only make outgoing calls --- incoming calls ring but when I answer no voice or sound either way. 

Tightened all leads and tried everything I can think of. Outgoing totally fine - rings, can speak and be heart - incoming silence

Please help! Thanks so much, best wishes, Pete

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Pete,

It's no problem at all. Thanks again for the additional information and for getting back to me.

It is certainly strange - I can see that we mentioned this was a known issue previously, however I have been unable to find any information about this sadly, and there doesn't appear to be a known fault with this description on our trackers. 

I'll pop you over a private message now so I can take your details. Please look out for my message at the purple envelope 🙂

Beth

It was something to do with the new  virgin media hub 5 - that there was so code that had to be rewritten?

It might be a general fault in the area (though nothing coming up in the search) - my sister is experiencing the same in sk4 - very strange oddities, when she calls can't hear it ring and can't hear the other person on other calls? 

Thanks again - will PM you

Have a great day, best wishes, Pete

pumpkinpies
Just joined

Hi there.  i have just had my landline migrated to HUB 5.  no certain callers cannot hear me if i call them, however if they call me we can hear each other.  i am concerned as i had an emergency back up phone installed, and that has the same issue.  j

They solved it at the exchange - but not sure how: a patch? So hope you can get it sorted quickly

Hi pumpkinpies,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry to hear you seem to be having some issues with your landline service. 

I've had a look this end, and can see that you are currently affected by a local outage. This will be what's causing you the trouble.

It's estimated to be fixed by 28th June. Please do let us know how you get on after this date has passed and if you need anything else in the meantime.

Kind regards

Beth

Hi Beth

Thanks for the update.  it does seem strange that this affects only certain calls and when i phone them, but not the other way around.  i'll monitor and let you know.

Hi Pete

thanks for your support, as i know you've struggled with this also.