cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I log a fault ?

GuzziStu
Tuning in

I have a fault with my home phone line. Phones are OK and connections unplugged and replaced. The phone line does not work (just a crackling noise if I try to call a number) and is permanently engaged if I try to phone home using the mobile.

I cannot find any method to contact Virgin Media.  150 is no longer working either when called from the mobile.

This whole system looks like it has been set up to confuse and confound. Getting short of patience with VM and may cancel everything.

7 REPLIES 7

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @GuzziStu,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue, can you confirm if you have checked on our service status page here and checked for any local faults?

If not you can run some diagnostics via our website here.

Joe

Done all that. Phoned help line and got a message saying they were doing tests and awfully sorry but they are slow today so please phone back in 10 minutes for the results. Phoned back (tapped in number connected me to O2 answer service) so phoned 03454541111 again and got a repeat performance. 150 no longer works for some reason.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again, GuzziStu.
Thanks for the reply and for sharing more on this, we're sorry to see the landline issue is ongoing and you haven't been able to get some help after speaking to our faults team earlier.

Could you please advise if there's a fault present in your area when checking the service status from our link posted above?
Have you tried our online diagnostics to see if a tech visit is needed to resolve this?
What was the outcome from this, if you can tell us a bit more?

Also, do you have a dial tone and are you able to make or receive any calls?
150 only works from a VM landline, from any other phone it would be 0345 454 1111 you need to call so to reach out to our help teams.

Let us know where you are and if you need more help, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

There are TV issues in the area but no phone issues shown.

The online diagnostics are basically a diy help list. I've checked everything this end and can't find any problems.

There is no dial tone and if I make a call there is only a rustling noise. If I call the home phone it is engaged.

Thanks for the info on 150. Forgot it's now O2.

Area is Hindley WN2 4PD.

Can someone check this ? I've looked round the house and there is no external damage I can see.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you again for all the replies and for confirming more on the landline issues, GuzziStu.

As the problems seem to be ongoing and there's no fault showing for our landlines in the local network I will message you privately to have a look into this and help.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs