cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Dial tone

lincsguy
On our wavelength

I’m getting the intermittent dial tone on my landline but 1571 tells me, correctly, that there are no messages. Can the dial tone be reset to the normal one?

I have tried leaving myself a message then delete it but I still get the intermittent dial tone!

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lincsguy, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

I am now getting the same intermittent dial tome on my landline as the above.

Happened after I had been on the phone this afternoon, checked to see if anyone had rung me and got the intermittent tone. Rang 1571 and got the recorded message one gets if setting voicemail up for first time. So rang off and tried again, this time getting through to the messages - there was one which was from Friday. There was no intermittent tone when I used the phone at the weekend. Deleted the message.
The intermittent tone remains even though there are no messages.
Rang someone and asked them to ring back and leave a message. I then cleared that from the voicemail recorded messages. Still get the intermittent tone.
Tried turning the power off to the landline and then on. Also tried with a different handset. Still get the intermittent tone.