cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would i have to do to change my ntlworld account to virginmedia?

Berie1
Tuning in

Worried that ntlworld not being supported - how do I switch to Virginmedia email? Or should I not bother?

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your worry maybe misplaced as all Virgin Media domains (ntlworld.com, virgin.net, …, virginmedia.com) share the same infrastructure so there is little to be gained by not supporting a specific domain.

FYI since May 2022 new and existing customer can no longer create virginmedia.com email accounts; existing email accounts will continue to be supported.

FWIW do consider migrating your email needs over to a new email provider to benefit from:

• improved account security, i.e. multifactor authentication
  • improved spam filtering
  • better support
  • no longer having to fear loss of email account when deciding on broadband service provider — Virgin Media email accounts are deleted 90 days after broadband service termination

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

As mentioned above, the official VM advice is that any existing VM-branded email addresses (@ntlworld, @bluyonder, @virginmedia) are safe and will be supported, you just can’t create any new ones - which really should set the alarm bells ringing regarding how long VM are prepared to support any and all email provision!

So forget about setting up any sort of @virginemedia.com address to migrate to; a) you can’t as they won’t allow it, and b) why would you bother as it is obvious that any sort of email provision from VM hasn’t got long for this world!

As advised above, set yourself up with a third-party email address, gmail or outlook etc, and gradually migrate all of you contact s across to this new address, before VM finally pull the plug on any email provision at all!