cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Email inaccessible

rayhy
Tuning in

My wife has a @virginmedia email login, I am the account holder with a blueyonder login.  For nearly two weeks my wife has been unable to access her account. The password is accepted (repeat, the password is accepted) but a page comes up saying that her email cannot be accessed; its a page that is programmed-in to the system, not a system error page. ( I was about to quote it, but I cannot get into virgin at all now...there's an "8" on its side )

I have reported it, but the people at the end of the line cannot get hold of the idea that someone cannot get into email even if the password is correct.

Anybody else get this?  Any answers?   (Couldn't find a "board" that really fits this problem.)

8 REPLIES 8

rayhy
Tuning in

my wife has exactly the same problem, again an address on virginmedia.com.  Reported a couple of days ago.  Seems like Virgin are at a loss.

Hi there @rayhy 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your Wife's email. Can I just confirm is the log in email you use as your main username the same as your Wife's email?

Not sure I quite understand your question.  This is what you are probably asking

Wife email address removed

My email address removed

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

rayhy
Tuning in

i have same issue.  wife has virginmedia.com email, I hold the account and have a blueyonder address. .... Wife cannot access her email due to a security issue.  More coming...

Please ensue you're not providing any personal information publicly @rayhy. It's important to protect your personal information and data and not provide anything publicly such as email address and account details that might be seen as sensitive and personal information.

The question asked if the same email address to log into the Virgin Media online account was also your Wife's email. If you currently sign in to My Virgin Media using an email address that ends in @VirginMedia.com, @ntlworld.com, @virgin.net, or @blueyonder.co.uk we need you to change this to another email address. This then means you’re covered for our latest security changes, including any updates that work to keep you safe online.

To action this change just sign into your online account here and click Account settings > Account details > then next to where you can see your email address, select Edit. You can find more information here regarding this should you need.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Sorry Carley, I must be dense.

In my book, an email is [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

or [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

My email is [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

What do you want me to do exactly?  Please tell me

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

rayhy
Tuning in

and my wife's email is [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Carley is making a distinction between the login to your Virginmedia broadband account (which will be an email address for them to contact you when required), and the email address/es that you use for other private messages.

And under their latest rules, the login address must now be a non VM email. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.