cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email for sign in

TheLimpNinja
Tuning in

Hi,

I needed to change my password for my ntlworld email. To do this I was prompted to change my sign in email so I changed this to another email address. 

I would now like to change my sign in back to my ntlworld email but am unable to do so and am met with a message saying “Sorry, you can’t change your sign in details to a @ntlworld.com email address”

Is there any advice for this please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TheLimpNinja  Once you have changed the sign in username to a third party email address you cannot then change it back to an ntlworld one or any other VM email address for that matter.

Going forward you will need to use the third party email address when you log into the My Virgin Media account for the ntlworld email address or to access it via VM webmail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TheLimpNinja  Once you have changed the sign in username to a third party email address you cannot then change it back to an ntlworld one or any other VM email address for that matter.

Going forward you will need to use the third party email address when you log into the My Virgin Media account for the ntlworld email address or to access it via VM webmail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks @Graham_A

I presume I can still use and access my ntlworld email as before? I ask as I use this as my primary email address.

Thanks for the help 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TheLimpNinja Yes you can continue to access the Ntlworld email address but not quite as before.

To access the account via VM webmail you will need to sign in with the new third party email address and the account password.

If you want to use an email client or app to access the email address then you will still use the Ntlworld email address as the username but with a specific generated app password.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account