cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm unable to reset the password of my ntlworld email address

Kojack
On our wavelength

I was asked to generate a new App password when trying to access my ntlworld email address via the android app.

I completed this process and undated the new generated password into my App server settings. This appeared to work and I can still send and receive emails via the android app on my phone.

Unfortunately I'm now unable to access my ntlworld emails via any Web browser. It does recognise the email address or password. So I've tried to use the "reset password" on my ntlworld email address but it does not appear to recognise my email address.  

Kojack_0-1709542505607.png

My main virgin media account is on a different email address which I don't use for email. If I entered my main VM account email address I'm worried it will reset that password rather than my email ntlworld address.

Any help greatly apricated

Karl

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kojack When you went through the process of generating the app password for the Ntlworld email were you asked to change the username for the account to a third party email address?

If so you will need to use the new username when logging into the Ntlworld email address via VM webmail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kojack
On our wavelength

Hi Graham

No I don't think so, it asked a security question and it generated a new password which I added to the Android app settings still using my existing ntlworld email address. I was then able to send and receive emails from the default  app.

I'm now unable to access my ntlworld email via any web browser or the outlook app on my mobile. The default email app is still working using my original email address and the newly generated password. 

I did wonder if VM could reset or send me a Password reset link it may help. My ntlworld email address doesn't appear to be recognised now for a password reset.

regards Karl

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Karl,

That is really strange, I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take a look into this for you. 

Thanks,

Beth