cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code: FSB50

bcwithe
Joining in

Hi,

I am unable to log into my VM mail account. I receive the FSB50 error with no explanation on how to resolve it. The account is accessible using other devices but not on the laptop. Any support or guideance will be most welcome.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Deleting cookies relating to Virgin media on the laptop and then closing and reopening the browser on the laptop usually solves this issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @bcwithe,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, has the advise posted by @Graham_A been helpful for you in resolving this issue? If not let us know and we can continue to look into this further with you.

Joe

Hello Graham,

Apologies for the delay in responding. I have tried as you have suggested without success. This issue is "a time stealer" I have spent hours trying to find a solution. VM, when contacted were no help whatsoever. Totally disallusioned with VM as a service provider and cannot wait to be out of contract!

I have been a user of VM services for a very long time, as is evident from my email. It seems as though VM have simply abandoned users with this issue.

Thanks for your efforts.

Kind Regards

Is this the same across all browsers on the laptop bcwithe? If the email address works on other devices and the error is only on the laptop we need to try different solutions with the laptop.

Rob

Monthan
Joining in

Hello Rob,

This "error" is currently only affecting my laptop, which I know is very strange. I have another laptop which I have no issue with. I can get emails on Ipad and Iphone without issue. This "error" happened after we had a prolonged outage of mails caused by an issue with VM. Having said that, I have not focussed solely on it being a VM issue. I have looked at many possibilities for the failure including any influence from my VPN.  The VPN is used on all devices and as far as I am able to ascertain, all of the relevant settings for the devices are in accord with oneanother. I have looked a various browsers (Firefox, Chrome etc) without success. I am stumped!

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. As this is working across all other devices and the only one affected is the laptop, this does rule out the issue being an account one and will be somehow related to the laptop itself. 

Do you have any antivirus software running on any add on's running in your browser?

As this isn't an account issue, we are limited with the support we can offer but there may be other members in the community who may be able to suggest something different. 

I would make sure you refresh the cookies, cache and browsing history on each browser and make sure you select the 'all time' option to fully refresh things. I know you have already done this but it's worth trying again. Before you do that, maybe make sure any VPN is disabled too. 

Finally, as a last attempt, try retting your log in password just to make sure everything is all synced up correctly. You can do this by logging in to My VM here > Account Settings > Change password. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Monthan
Joining in

Thank you for the feedback Kath. I have tried to log into the VM server through the link you have provided. As in all other instances I get the dreaded"

Sorry, something's gone wrong

As there may be a problem with your device's settings, we aren't able to let it sign in to My Virgin Media for security reasons Try signing in on another device.

Error Code: FSB50

I will continue to work on resolving the issue. If I am successful, I will share the details on here for others in a similar situation.

With Best Wishes to You and Yours

Kind Regards

Bob