cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder - failed authentication - linked emails

doctorx
Joining in

I am trying to help my cousin who has lost access to her Blueyonder email on VM. Failed authentication using IMAP or POP3/SMTP and even trying another email client on a different PC.

Her husband is the primary VM account holder and she has a secondary email account. He has occasionally lost email access and resetting the password usually fixes it.

She cannot reset her email online as it fails to recognise her email as a legitimate VM email.

She has spent a long time with VM support. A variety of excuses were given, some of which were nonsensical. However, a few of the tech support tried hard to sort the problem but the didn't seem to have the system access or technical knowledge.

Her situation is unusual. Her working email is in the form john.smith@blueyonder.co.uk This does not appear as secondary email on the VM account. However, there is an entry j.smith@blueyonder.co.uk which she has never used for email. VM can't find the john.smith@blueyonder.co.uk form on their system either.

At one point, VM said they had succeeded in changing the john.smith@blueyonder.co.uk password but it seems they changed the password for j.smith@blueyonder.co.uk. Using this combination, allowed her to log on to the VM portal but not to see any emails.

The impression we were given is that the j.smith@blueyonder.co.uk and john.smith@blueyonder.co.uk emails are linked somehow,  and she receives her email routed through one of the accounts. It isn't something she would know how to do and must have been done by VM or Blueyonder for some reason.

II have run out of suggestions. She is naturally very upset. Surely this is something that could be easily fixed by the backroom tech staff at VM?

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Natalie.

My wife spent another 2 hours with the call centre today who said they couldn't do anything and she needed a new email address. Is there anything you can do. I haven't received a private message as yet.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: to read / send private forum message on a:

• small screen device, select your profile picture and the  Messages, as highlighted below:
    20223-06-05-b.jpeg
  • large screen device, select envelope icon (located top right of page) as shown below:
    20223-06-05-a.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

I am suddenly getting an error when trying to access my email accounts. The one I use to sign in to Virgin Media https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/ is okay. But the other email accounts I've added to it are not - including the one I have to sign in to My Virgin Media with! authentication problem.JPG

I am seriously getting fed up with all the problems I have been experiencing with Virgin TV, Virgin broadband and Virgin bloody email accounts during the last 6-8 weeks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Essex52  I've been seeing this on and off during today since the overnight maintenance didn't go to plan.

Suggest you hold fire before making any settings changes until VM Mail is properly up and running again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, I had already decided not to try and make any changes because I knew it must be Virgin Media's fault AGAIN! But I've just been able to sign in to one of my other Virgin email accounts directly (instead of signing in to the one I'd added all my Virgin accounts to) and sure enough, I can read all the emails that way. But VM still hasn't actually fixed whatever the problem is.  

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Essex52, 

Thank you for your post to us here on the Community. 

Our teams were working through the night to complete planned and essential work to our email service. 
This was carried out overnight to minimise disruption for our email users, but unfortunately we have since encountered some technical difficulties which means email users may be experiencing intermittent issues with their email service. 
We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and our teams are working to resolve it as soon as possible.
Thanks, 

Nat